Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

why LAN is more efficent than WAN

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry, but you need to elaborate on this question as this can be construde in so many different direction.

Hi Leo,

Would you please help me to find the answer in this link.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3826334

If my 7206VXR have only 256M memory, could I upgrade to 15.1(4)M5.

If I can, for this route have only 64M flash, and there is not enough space for new IOS, what upgrade procedure I follow is the most safe.

Thanks a lot !

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Sorry lcd.  I am "out of touch" with the developments of the VXR.

The best thing I can recommend is to create a Cisco TAC Case. 

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

When you say the LAN is more efficient than a WAN, why do you think that?  LANs often have more bandwidth and usually much, much less latency than WANs, but what context are you thinking of efficiency?

If you're wondering what to do about upgrading your VXR, if you were thinking a newer IOS would make the router run faster or more efficiently, that's generally not the case.

In your other posting, if lcd_shouldit's post is correct (and it may very well be, I never validated whether your IOS version was available or whether your system met its system resource requirements), you may be unable to upgrade your VXR.  I believe the whole VXR and supporting "engines" are all end-of-life .  Depending on your processing performance needs, a 3900 series might be a suitable replacement or the faster ASR 1000 series.

Hi JosephDoherty,

I am lcd_shouldit , sorry for your misunderstanding , Engr account is not me .

I just found Leo was in this post so I wanted him to help me answer my question.....

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Indeed you're correct.  Thanks for catching that!

That noted, i.e. I'm trying to answer two different posters questions, what I wrote about the VXR series still might be relevant to your question in this thread.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card