Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I have attached a rough network diagram of our scenario.Existing:-A 3750 is connected to an unmanaged switch. to this unmanaged switch, there is a 3845 router and a netscreen firewall connected. The 3750 is doing eigrp as is the 3845.3750 has serv...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 25 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I have a 4503-E on my work bench.  It's been out of production for a year or so.  I started working on it last week.  I think I may have cause a boot up problem.  It comes up to ROMMON, but then I need to type "boot" to get it to come up all t...

Strange issue...* Topology: 3560 <-access-mode-link-> ASA5510 - Internet* 3560 has 3 VLANs and 3 corresponding SVIs (default-gateways for VLANs)* Just configured RAS VPN on ASA5510 and successfully made connectionNow, from RAS VPN (IPSEC) client work...

Hi all,Is anybody able to assist with why the below configuraiton does not work? BGP exchanges routes without a problem all the time the distribute list is removed from the config. When I apply the distribute list it blocks all routes, not just those...

by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,A small question for cisco experts, but not totaly clear for me.When I type the following commandCatalyst4507#sh qos int gigabitEthernet 4/23QoS is disabled globallyPort QoS is enabledAdministrative Port Trust State: 'untrusted'Operational Port Tr...

I thought it would be easy to find a tool that would monitor my Windows DHCP server database and alert on leases to new MAC addresses.  I'm finding that not so easy.  As I thought about it, I thought it might be better to focus on reading the ARP tab...

Hi,We have a strange problem here....let me give you some background of my setup.We have Cisco 3560X L3 swtich with 2 VLANs configured as mentioned below VLAN1 - Server VLAN (192.168.0.1/255.255.254.0) (Swtich Port - Gi0/2 to 0/10)VLAN2 - User VLAN (...

sagarshaha by Level 1
  • 18 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! VLAN problems...

hello, I am installing a new wireless solution in a hotel environment and I am having a problem with DHCP traffic on the VLAN.here is the scenario..there is already a wireless infrastructure in place.  ISP -> default gateway -> cisco 3550 switches ->...

Liam Dwyer by Level 1
  • 26 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good day Allwell, I have a simple one but I do this so seldomly I forget. I have an access layer switch with a single VLAN - VLAN 100 (3500 XL, yes it is old) and I have trunked that traffic to a distribution layer switch (Catalyst 3560), I IP'ed thr...