cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LAN Issues with remote offices using Q n Q.

Jose A
Level 1
Level 1

Good Afternoon:

I was currently working with 1 main office with 1 remote office. On my main office I have a router on a stick connected to a switch.

This switch then is connected to remote office (1) using Q n Q provided by my ISP.

Everything was working as expected, until we yesterday added a new remote office (2), using Q n Q provided by the same ISP provider of remote office 1.

Now from the remote switch or router I cannot see devices on the same Vlan (Management). But from other Vlans they are reachable.

all the switches are 2960X

Management Vlan is 4.

Router ip: 10.10.4.1 (Default Gateway for all switches)

main switch ip: 10.10.4.11

ups on main office: 10.10.4.5

remote office 1 ip: 10.10.4.12

ups on remote office 1: 10.10.4.6

remote office 2 ip: 10.10.4.13

ups on remote office 2: 10.10.4.7 

Your help is more than appreciated.

21 Replies 21

Sorry a bit busy these days. Give me 2 days to review it

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Sure Francesco.

Thanks.

Hi Jose,

I reviewed your post. Why using 2 vlans?
In such architecture I never did that in that way.

Just to clarify, all vlans are working except 1. this vlan not working for all 3 sites or it works between ho and r1 ?
In terms of config, everything is fine, outputs also.
Can you do a wireshark at HO on the link facing your ISP Q-in-Q, try to ping devices on this non working vlan from all remote sites to HO. The goal is to verify if ARP requests are received and replied.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hi Franceso, my comments below:

I reviewed your post. Why using 2 vlans?

• I guess the ISP use two vlans to identify remote location A from Remote location B on their network.
  • Remember they deliver each circuit separately on their switch.

In such architecture I never did that in that way.

Just to clarify, all vlans are working except 1. this vlan not working for all 3 sites or it works between ho and r1 ?

• All vlans are working ok until they get added or configure on the 3 sites at the same time. If not they all work properly.

In terms of config, everything is fine, outputs also.

Can you do a wireshark at HO on the link facing your ISP Q-in-Q, try to ping

devices on this non working vlan from all remote sites to HO. The goal is to verify if

ARP requests are received and replied.

• I will try, and do that.

What can you suggest to me to ask the provider (ISP), maybe with some extra info they can look and see if theres something they are missing on their end.

Thanks Jose.

You can ask them to also capture traffic and see if when you ping from 1 site the 2 others they see arp request sent and received

Thanks
Francesco

Francesco, the ISP provider has not been able to help at all, according to them, they are providing us the service with the standard procedure. 

At this point, the problem persists and i have no clue on what else can be done. 

Thanks again for all your help!

Did they do captures and shared them with you?

Send me a PM with your email and we can try having a WebEx session 

Thanks
Francesco
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card