cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Layer 3 support on Switch C9200CX-12T-2X2G-A

carmijo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, one question, does the Switch C9200CX-12T-2X2G-A support Layer 3 configurations ?, such as static routes or something basic with dynamic routing such as OSPF? Reviewing the configuration guide, it sees that it is, but if I look at the Cisco Feature Navigator it does not appear. Does anyone have any layer 3 experience with these small switches?

IP Routing Configuration Guide, Cisco IOS XE Cupertino 17.9.x (Catalyst 9200 Switches) - Configuring OSPF [Support] - Cisco

thank you so much

Cristóbal

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9200-series-switches/nb-06-cat9200-ser-data-sheet-cte-en.html   , look for OSPF with browser (Find) , seems ok, some levels may need Network Advantage level ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @carmijo,

The Cisco Catalyst 9200CX series switches, including the C9200CX-12T-2X2G-A model, do support Layer 3 configurations. These switches are part of the Cisco Catalyst 9000 family and are designed to provide both Layer 2 and Layer 3 functionality.

The Cisco Catalyst 9200CX series switches run on the Cisco IOS XE operating system, which offers a wide range of advanced routing features, including static routing and dynamic routing protocols like OSPF (Open Shortest Path First). These Layer 3 features enable you to configure routing between different networks, implement routing policies, and optimize network traffic.

While the Cisco Feature Navigator is a useful tool for checking the availability of specific features across different Cisco platforms, it may not always reflect the complete feature set of a particular switch. The documentation and configuration guides provided by Cisco are generally the most reliable sources for determining the supported features on a specific device.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9200-series-switches/nb-06-cat9200-ser-data-sheet-cte-en.html

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9200-series-switches/nb-06-cat9200-ser-data-sheet-cte-en.html   , look for OSPF with browser (Find) , seems ok, some levels may need Network Advantage level ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi

It does support but you need to have the right licensing  Network Advantage

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @carmijo,

The Cisco Catalyst 9200CX series switches, including the C9200CX-12T-2X2G-A model, do support Layer 3 configurations. These switches are part of the Cisco Catalyst 9000 family and are designed to provide both Layer 2 and Layer 3 functionality.

The Cisco Catalyst 9200CX series switches run on the Cisco IOS XE operating system, which offers a wide range of advanced routing features, including static routing and dynamic routing protocols like OSPF (Open Shortest Path First). These Layer 3 features enable you to configure routing between different networks, implement routing policies, and optimize network traffic.

While the Cisco Feature Navigator is a useful tool for checking the availability of specific features across different Cisco platforms, it may not always reflect the complete feature set of a particular switch. The documentation and configuration guides provided by Cisco are generally the most reliable sources for determining the supported features on a specific device.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9200-series-switches/nb-06-cat9200-ser-data-sheet-cte-en.html

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Tijmen89
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm researching the Layer 3 functionality of the 9200cx but I can't figure out exactly how many VRFs the 9200cx supports does anyone know?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card