cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

License Question

wof19900rem
Level 1
Level 1

When I run the sh license command it returns a value "% License not supported on this device".  Does anyone know why?

I'm attaching the results from the sh ver and sh run commands.

This relates to a WS-C3750G-48TS.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

premkumarjm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

For C3750G - license command won't work. 3750 switches support  only specific feature releases like ipbase and ipservices images. So, there is no need for licensing.

BR

Prem

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

premkumarjm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

For C3750G - license command won't work. 3750 switches support  only specific feature releases like ipbase and ipservices images. So, there is no need for licensing.

BR

Prem

Carlos Villagran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

This is because you cannot active license in this switch. The license is embedded in the .bin image you download from the site.

"Even though the Catalyst 3750 switch does not support software activation, the Catalyst 3750 master in a mixed hardware stack supports the software license administration and management functions."

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750e_3560e/software/release/12-2_40_se/configuration/note/swactivn.html

You can use the show version command to check the license status of the switch as you did in the output.

Hope it helps, best regards!

JC

premkumarjm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

well, it may clarify your doubts with the below link.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/69361/licensing-290035003700

BR

Prem

thanks for your reply, but does this also apply to 3750G, which is the one I have..  The link you sent me is about 3750e.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card