Views
Helpful
Replies

Limit band in 2960 Switch

am4_2_mau
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to limit the output bandwidth of a switch port from 2960 to 200 Kbps, is it possible?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

willwetherman
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

The Cisco Catalyst 2960 switch does not support output policing so limiting egress traffic to 200 Kbps is not possible.

One possible option is to restrict the egress bandwidth of the switchport using the interface command 'srr-queue bandwidth limit <10-90>' where 10-90 represents a percentage of the ports bandwidth. The lowest bandwidth that you can force is 1Mbps by limiting a 10Mbps port to 10% of its bandwidth. For example, you can configure the egress switchport to use a speed of 10Mbps and then apply command 'srr-queue bandwidth limit 10'.

I hope that this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

willwetherman
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

The Cisco Catalyst 2960 switch does not support output policing so limiting egress traffic to 200 Kbps is not possible.

One possible option is to restrict the egress bandwidth of the switchport using the interface command 'srr-queue bandwidth limit <10-90>' where 10-90 represents a percentage of the ports bandwidth. The lowest bandwidth that you can force is 1Mbps by limiting a 10Mbps port to 10% of its bandwidth. For example, you can configure the egress switchport to use a speed of 10Mbps and then apply command 'srr-queue bandwidth limit 10'.

I hope that this helps.

am4_2_mau
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks !!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card