Views
Helpful
Replies

limiting bandwidth

miss155159
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

I want to limit the bandwidth of my Catalyst 3750 series switch, I read the cisco documentation and I applied the commands but I didn't get the wanted results.

for the outbount trafic it's ok, but for the inbound traffic I used policing but I get an unstable traffic.

I used, an access list and a class-map to classify the traffic and then a policy-map.(I followed the steps mentioned in this site: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_tech_note09186a0080883f9e.shtml#concept11 )

someone has a solution?

sorry for my bad english and thanks for help.

5 Replies 5

according to the site you gave me, the agregate policer is used when we have more than one class, in my case I have only one class-map.

I  want to know if there is someone who configured a 3750 cisco switch and to reduce the bandwidth, it seems that it's impossible to have a stable traffic.

thanks.

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Please clarify "stable" vs. "unstable" traffic.  Or, what's the issue you believe the policer is creating?

I have this configured on a 3750 to limit traffic to a particular server

class-map match-all SEP

match access-group name SEP

!

!

policy-map Police

class SEP

police aggregate SEP

!

mls qos aggregate-policer SEP 1024000 192000 exceed-action drop

mls qos

!

ip access-list extended SEP

permit ip host 10.2.1.201 any

permit ip any host 10.2.1.201

permit ip host 10.2.1.48 any

permit ip any host 10.2.1.48

!

Int range fa1/0/1  - 48

service-policy input Police

int range giga 1/0/1 - 4

service-policy input Police

!

This works perfect to limit traffic to and from the 2 servers (10.2.1.201 and 10.2.1.48)

hello,

thanks for your answers, still now I don't have perfect results, what I mean by stability is that when I apply a policy and every time I do a test Imust have the same result ie the same rate, expect  this is not the case(when I tested the rate I didn't have the same results).

thank you any way.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card