ATTENTION: We are currently working an issue with posting. Thank you for your patience while we work on a resolution.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

%LINEPROTO-SW1_SP-5-UPDOWN - Error

shahulhameed
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

I have two 6509 with "Software (s72033_rp-IPBASE-M), Version 12.2(33)SXI3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)" IOS and configured with VSS. The servers are connected to this switch. I have received a complaint from a server admin about his server got disconnection for some times and get back working fine.When I check in switch the follwoing error was showing

KWT: %LINEPROTO-SW1_SP-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet1/3/9, changed state to up

KWT: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface GigabitEthernet2/3/45, changed state to up

I changed the speed 1000 and Duplex Full as well as configured in the server. But the problem is continous.

Please help me how to resolve this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Shahul Hameed.

1 Reply 1

Arumugam Muthaiah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Shahul,

These error logs indicates that the interfaces G1/3/9 / G2/3/45 might experienced flap. This is looks like Layer 1 issue. Please verify the interface statistics / counter error / show log messages and try to find any errors are incrementing on these interfaces.

• Try to verify the SFP and ensure that it is connected properly. Remove and reconnect it
  • Verify the connectivity b/t switch ports and server NIC
  • Change the speed to Auto and verify the performance

Please share detail if you see more problem.

Regards,

Aru

*** Please rate if the post is useful ***

Regards, Aru *** Please rate if the post useful ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card