cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Load Balancing and Protocol Binding Problem with RV042G Router

paulppast
Level 1
Level 1

I am using a  Cisco RV042G dual-WAN router with V4.2.3.07 firmware as a gateway and firewall provided by two VDSL 80 Mbps WAN links. The router is set to load-balance mode and I have set up a number of bindings so that secure protocols such as SSH are bound to WAN 1.

Everything worked perfectly until a few weeks ago at which time SSH connections could not be established and (from the activity LEDs) I could see that almost all traffic from the router was being passed over WAN 2 despite WAN 1 being fully operational. No changes in configuration were made. The only way to force any traffic over WAN was to disable WAN 2. Also, in order to allow SSH connections to be forwarded to a LAN host, WAN 2 currently needs to be disabled as a result of the above. 

I configured a second RV042G router using a configuration back-up and this behaved identicallly.

Finally, I performed a factory reset on the original router and re-loaded the configuration - one that worked perfectly until this episode of issues arose. Once again only the WAN 2 newtwork light indicates any significant activity.

What is going on here and why have the load-balancing and protocol bindings all suddenly failed despite the unit being replaced and reconfigured?

Any ideas would be most appreciated. 

Thanks and regards.

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card