Views
Helpful
Replies

Log Messages

Thomas Yarger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, 

I'm receiving two log messages relating to Port Security that I've never seen before. I hope some of you can shed some light on the meaning. Thanks! 

000125: Feb 5 08:54:09.359 EST: PSECURE: Assert failure: psecure_sb->info.num_addrs <= psecure_sb->max_addrs: ../switch/psecure/psecure_utils.c: 165: psecure_update_address_counts )

000126: Feb 5 08:54:09.363 EST: -Traceback= 5CACA0z 33418A4z 3351680z 3354AB4z 9BD78z 98B4Cz 2FBF480z 30CCD20z 3649F64z 3645C60z 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I don't have any 2960XR to tell you what version is stable and what is not. So, I recommend you open a ticket with TAC and ask them for a release recommendation. Once you have their recommendation, read the release notes carefully for major bug fixes/issues before upgrading.

HTH

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I do not have much insight into the first message, but the second message is a clear indication that there is a software problem. Traceback is used to mark software failures. I would suggest changing to a different version of code.

HTH

Rick  

HTH

Rick

Thank-you Richard. 

The devices are WS-C2960XR-48LPS-I in a stacking configuration running15.2(4)E. Do you recommend a different release? Thanks!

they are generating this error when running 15.2(4)E then yes I do recommend running some different version of code. The version of code suggested by Cisco is 15.2.2E7. If you want to run the 15.2(4) version there are several releases more recent than what you are running which would hopefully not have this problem such as 15.2(4)E5.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi,

I don't have any 2960XR to tell you what version is stable and what is not. So, I recommend you open a ticket with TAC and ask them for a release recommendation. Once you have their recommendation, read the release notes carefully for major bug fixes/issues before upgrading.

HTH

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Thomas,

Do you believe it would be possible to post the complete unabbreviated outputs from the following commands?

show version
show logging
show port-security

Thank you!

Best regards,
Peter

Hi Peter, 

Unfortunately, the customer doesn't allow to share this information in a public forum. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card