cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

'login block-for' on Nexus 9k not supported?

Hi Guys,

Just configuring up a 9k running - NXOS: version 7.0(3)I6(1)

and struck this;

2017-09-07 11_30_36-.png

i was looking to configure:

switch# configure terminal
switch(config)# login block-for 100 attempts 3 within 60
switch(config)# show login

as per;

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/7-x/security/configuration/guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Security_Configuration_Guide_7x/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Security_Configuration_Guide_7x_chapter_011.html#c...

any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Warren,

It seems like the documentation is not fully up to date. Starting with 7.0(3)I6(1), the commands have been renamed to system login block-for and system login quiet-mode; the corresponding show commands are show system login and show system login failures.

I will file a documentation defect for this to have the configuration guide updated.

Best regards,
Peter

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Warren,

It seems like the documentation is not fully up to date. Starting with 7.0(3)I6(1), the commands have been renamed to system login block-for and system login quiet-mode; the corresponding show commands are show system login and show system login failures.

I will file a documentation defect for this to have the configuration guide updated.

Best regards,
Peter

Warren and all,

I've filed the documentation defect CSCvf86915 for this - it should be publicly accessible within a day or two at:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvf86915

Best regards,
Peter

Starting with 7.0(3)I6(1), the "login block-for" and "login quiet-mode" mode commands are no longer available in the configuration mode; instead, they have been replaced with "system login block-for" and "system login quiet-mode", respectively:

switch(config)# login ?
  on-failure  Set options for failed login attempt
  on-success  Set options for successful login attempt

switch(config)# system login ?
  block-for   Set quiet-mode active time period
  quiet-mode  Set quiet-mode options

Also, the "show login" command has been updated; the related commands are "show system login" and "show system login failures":

switch# show login ?
  on-failure     Authentication failure
  on-successful  Authentication successful

switch# show system login ?
  <CR>
  >         Redirect it to a file
  >>        Redirect it to a file in append mode
  failures  Display Login failures in the current watch period
  |         Pipe command output to filter

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card