cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lose connection every 2 minutes

vanessacg
Level 1
Level 1

I am a student and living on the campus so we have connection to the internet but we have to get our own routers. I have a WRT160N and of course when I use it it takes me to the university's server to put my username and password. 

The problem is that I put it and the internet works for 2 minutes, then I lose the connection, the university's server pops up again, I have to log in and then 2 minutes later same thing happens. 

Can I do something to stop losing the connection don't have to log in every 2 minutes?

2 Replies 2

Hello,

depending on what kind of connection you have, there usually is a setting for periodic keepalives and idle connection timeout (see page 8 of the attached user guide).

Also with these smaller routers, it is advisable to have the latest firmware installed (page 27 of the attached user guide).

http://downloads.linksys.com/downloads/userguide/1224640959708/WRT160N_V10_UG_A-WEB.pdf

Hello

@vanessacg wrote:

I am a student and living on the campus so we have connection to the internet but we have to get our own routers. I have a WRT160N and of course when I use it it takes me to the university's server to put my username and password. 

every 2 minutes?

Can you elaborate on your own rtr and when you use it?

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card