cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

M train to T train

mialbert
Level 1
Level 1

I have a c1941isr that is subject to bug cscu90521.  It currently has ios 15.4.2.m(4) ios.  The m train md deployment that has the fix is not going to be released until end of march.  But the t train md deployment 15.3.2t2 is currently released and has the fix.  So i'm considering going from m to t train now.  Not sure what the difference between m and t train is and what the concerns would be in a move like this.  The features currently being run on the isr is zbf, site vpn, client ssl vpn and then the standard nat/pat/acl's etc...  Would this be a move that would be recommended or any big deal

1 Reply 1

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

T is for "Test".  A mainline train, like M, might be more stable.  Bugs can be found in either.

If the current bug, in your M Train, is a show stopper for you, and the only current fix is in a T Train, then you're sort of forced into trying it.

I've used T Train releases, often without any issues, but when I have a choice, I'll run a mainline release.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card