Views
Helpful
Replies

machine works after changing lan ip address

r.kukreja
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I have windows 8 machine in which i have some ip address the apps mail,sap works fine.when we change ip address of same segment the machine starts working fine. please help to highlight what can be the root causes.

Regards

Rajat

6 Replies 6

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Rajat,

Check that your LAN router interface has the same network mask as the Win8 PCs network card.

Also that the IP address that doesn't work is included in router interface access-groups if configured. Likewise if there is any NAT on your network that the Win8 PC IP is included in the NAT source ACLs.

cheers,

Seb.

Hi,

the mask is same it is sudden problem which occurred while if we put any other ip address of same network it works.

regards

rajat  

Have you confirmed that there is not a duplicate IP on the subnet?

yes. i am suspecting issue due to virus but not confirmed. how can i confirm, is there any possible solution

Does the problem affect any PC trying to use this IP address, or does it only affect this one Win8 PC?

If you move all PCs off this IP address, ssh onto the subnets router and run:

clear arp-cache <affected_ip_address>

sh ip arp <affected_ip_address>

Does it return a result?

hi,

its actually the ip address we are using the outlook connection could not completed is the error coming while making new profile

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card