Views
Helpful
Replies

MACSEC Switch to Switch supported models

ifabrizio
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am planning to change my olds switching infrastructures.

That now is composed by two core switches 6500E with sup2T and serveral 4500 sup8 as distribution layer and 9300 switches as access layer.

I'd like enable the MacSec security features Switch to Switch with PSK.

The new core will be a couples of 950024Q, the distribution will be 9400, the access remain with 9300.

From my research on Cisco site, the Macsec is not supported on these new switches. Is it true?

If yes, there are some other features supported by these new switches, that can improve L2 security Switch to Switch as Macsec does?

Best regards,

JF.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Look for macsec in https://cfnng.cisco.com/browse/switching/features   ; attached a search result by myself 

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Look for macsec in https://cfnng.cisco.com/browse/switching/features   ; attached a search result by myself 

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi Marce,

In the Excel file the 9400 switches are not present.

But in the Datasheet the macsec seems be a supported feature:

AES-2562 support with the powerful MACsec-256 encryption algorithm is available in hardware.

◦    Trustworthy solutions: Secure Unique Device Identification (SUDI) support for PnP tamper-proof device identity capability secures zero-touch provisioning by allowing your device to show a certificate to the server to be able to get onto your network.

1 ETA is currently not supported in C9400X-SUP-2/2XL 2.
2 MACsec is not supported in hardware in C9400-SUP-1XL-Y.

Maybe cause you filter about Macsec128 only?

Bye,

JF

- As far as the filters are concerned , you may try the other options (filters) too
         For the datasheet(s) take care not to mix models because sometimes more then one model is described in a single datasheet , 

M.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card