Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Mahdi,The previous problems were attached to multiple already closed/Solved threads and have been fixed. This is a new issue, therefore a new conversation should be started. Since you seem unable to start one yourself, I have done it for you. The new...

I am new in Ironport management.   Last 12 hour i am getting the following warning   Potential Directory Harvest Attack detected.  See the system mail logs for more information about this attack.   Version: 11.1.0-128 Serial Number: 564DA1C84C7E64303...

rockbd by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What is the significance/impact of using switchport protected in Trunk ports that connect two switches? For eg.SW1int gi0/1-->Access VLAN 10-->switchport protected-->Host Aint gi0/24-->Switchport mode Trunk-->switchport protected (des link to SW2)***...

tlxbx by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Hi AllI got some issues with STP. I got MST running on switch1 and PVST on switch2. Switch1 -> ISP -> Switch2 -> RouterI configured VLAN922 on switch1 as SVI and added to trunk port that connects to ISP.  In switch2 vlan922 is Layer2, as Layer3 is in...

Psmurali89 by Spotlight
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everyone!We have configured DHCP snooping on one of our switches. All works fine, clients are able to get IP addresses, I can see the bindings table. However, what bothers me, is that there are lots of dropped packets in statisticsPackets Forwa...

FuadG by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Hello,I can't find the meaning of the dot in front of a line in the log buffer :Oct 26 18:30:25: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Vlan11, changed state to down .Oct 26 18:30:25: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Vlan11, c...

Resolved! Routing

Hi,I ran into a situation where I had to create a static route based on the source.i.e I need two static routes for;Any traffic to 0.0.0.0 from 10.40.1.1/32 to be routed to Firewall AAny traffic to 0.0.0.0 from 10.40.0.0/16 to be routed to Firewall B...

I know nexus 7000 base on multi stage crossbar fabric design  , does this mean multi stage cross bar is a CLOS fabric architecture design, there many small crossbar fabric on i/o  module and fabric card, and connect by CLOS structure ,and inside fabr...

fly by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

There is a bug with EIGRP with control plane ICMP traffic . ICMP traffic is not working from 2960XR from one particular subnet . It started working after I removed the eigrp neighbor from the switch.As a workaround, we have blocked the route and traf...