Views
Helpful
Replies

Manually installing the RUM ACK via CLI

andy-uos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

I have spent the last couple of days trawling SL documentation but have failed to find the instructions to do this.

All but two of our 9300 switches worked with Smart Licensing Compliance via DNA Center. The two that failed said:
Provisioning Acknowledgement failed.
Usage report acknowledgement successfully copied in device flash memory, but failed while installing. Please try installation of Usage report acknowledgement file [ file.txt ] manually via CLI.

But does anybody have any idea how to install the file via CLI?

I can see the file in flash and I have tried going through the various options on the switch, such as 'license smart import file', 'license smart save usage', etc, without any success.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

pieterh
VIP
VIP

First check your versions it may be an incompatibility issue ?

this document describes the process

Smart Licensing Using Policy for Cisco Enterprise Routing Platforms - How to Configure Smart Licensing Using Policy: Workflows by Topology [Cisco IOS XE 17] - Ciscot
he command should be: license smart import bootflash:file-name
but the file present on the device may not be the right file or may be corrupted during transfer to the device

Supported topologies: No Connectivity to CSSM and No CSLU

You must have the corresponding file saved in a location that is accessible to the product instance.

Thanks pieterh for the feedback and pointing to the documentation.

All 9300 switches (both working and not working) are currently running 17.6.4 and are all 9300-48P models.

Unfortunately when running the command you suggested on one of the failed switches I get:

license smart import bootflash:a5c3fcb3-a610-4bad-9f39-448db99a59ea_rumack.txt
Import Data Failed
Signature Verification Failed

Like you say, maybe it is corrupted? I am going to remove the files and start the process again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card