cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

me3400 +QOS marking

jwilde
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if the DSCP identifier is supposed to be stripped when going through a routed port.  I am using a qos-group of 5 for marking on two different ports.  One stays on the same vlan when I network trace it and the other is routed before I see it.  These are on the same switch btw so there is no other switch stripping anything.  I see the DSCP identifier of 5 when sniffing the LAN port, however, when I look at a packet that has been routed i see a dscp identfier of .0 vs the 5 I mark it as.  I found that kind of strange but maybe that is expected behavior on a metro ethernet switch.  I have weird problems beyond that however.  When I remove the packet identifier altogether my service policy is acted on even though it shouldn't.  It works like i would expect when going through a vlan but not like what I would expect when routing it before my policy-map.  Part of my config may make it more clear:

*** This one works as expected ****

interface GigabitEthernet0/1
description School LAN
switchport access vlan 556
load-interval 30
service-policy input SETPRIORITY

class-map match-any video
match access-group 10

policy-map SETPRIORITY
class video
  set dscp af41
  set qos-group 5

access-list 10 permit any

******** Gets shaped from the output access-list on 4 ***********

interface GigabitEthernet0/2
description Video
no switchport
ip address 69.165.20.249 255.255.255.252
load-interval 30

******* QOS service-policy ***********

interface GigabitEthernet0/4
port-type nni
switchport trunk allowed vlan 555,556
switchport mode trunk
service-policy output IUP

class-map match-all WILDE
match qos-group 5

policy-map IUP
class WILD
    shape average 5000000

Now why would it shape the routed port?  Is this because it is a bug or?

This is on the version me340x-metroipaccessk9-tar.122-53.SE

1 Reply 1

jwilde
Level 1
Level 1

i am guessing this is a bug because i backgraded and did multiple tests and it seemed to work.  It was on a earlier series of code which sux because i like some of the new features in the new code, or the old code had bugs.  code version i'm using now that worked is  Version 12.2(44)EY

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card