Views
Helpful
Replies

meraki and intersight

safielm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I have read about Meraki and Intersight. I have not dug deeper yet but these two platforms confuse me, both are for cloud management (deployment, monitoring, and support) of Cisco devices and network infrastructure. Could someone help to distinguish these two Cisco services?

1 Reply 1

Meraki and Intersight are both Cisco platforms, but they are designed for different purposes.

Cisco Meraki is a cloud-managed IT company headquartered in San Francisco, California. Their solutions include wireless, switching, security, enterprise mobility management (EMM) and security cameras, all centrally managed from the web. Meraki offers a complete cloud-managed product lineup, including wireless LAN, Ethernet switches, security appliances, and mobile device management solutions. This means you can manage all these different aspects of your network from one place, which can greatly simplify management and troubleshooting.

On the other hand, Cisco Intersight is a management platform that delivers intelligent automation, comprehensive visibility, and continuous analytics to your IT environment. Intersight is embedded management in Cisco UCS and HyperFlex that is designed to automate routine tasks, making it easier to manage your infrastructure. It's essentially a way to manage your UCS and HyperFlex systems from the cloud.

In summary, while both solutions allow for cloud management, they are intended for different applications. Meraki is more focused on managing the network, including devices like routers, switches, and wireless access points. Intersight, on the other hand, is more focused on managing servers and storage systems.

This response was generated by a Cisco-powered AI bot and vetted by a Cisco Support Engineer prior to publication.
This is part of a monitored experiment to see if the bot can help answer questions alongside community members. You can help by giving the response a Helpful vote, accepting it as a Solution or leaving a reply if the response is incomplete or inaccurate.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card