cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating Procurve 5412 to a stack of 2960s

Patrick Milord
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning, .....   I'm migrating this small software company from a 7 year old HP procurve 5412 to the 2960s (maybe).  I have approximately 150 users and growing.   However as the place grows I will end up running out of ports, since the 2960s can only have 4 in a Flexstack.  Is there a way to join stacks together in the future or should I go with a difference device like a campus type switch like the procurve is?  All users are in one building, on one floor.   All users and server will be connecting to this switch.

1 Reply 1

willwetherman
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

You will only be able to join multiple stacks together by connecting them together using copper/fibre cables and managing them as multiple switches. You can create an etherchannel link between stacks to increase bandwidth if required

The new 2960-X series switches support a maximum of 8 switches in a stack so they are worth looking at if you are not already committed to using 2960S

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps12995/data_sheet_c78-728232.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card