Views
Helpful
Replies

Min Latency at inter VALN routing

kri.chi.85
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Tech Team,

I configure 3750 stack switch as core and 2960 stack switches as access layer switches.

I connected my laptop to one of my core stack in VLAN 10 and I am pinging to one of my server in VLAN 1.

Can someone say me what will be the minimum latency at the time of inter VALN routing

Thank you Team.

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you ping from your PC, it will show you the time that it takes.  In this case is 1ms.

Pinging 192.168.1.5 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 192.168.1.5: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

HTH

singhaam007
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Krishna,

less then or = to 1 ms If you there is no congestion.

http://www.stuartcheshire.org/rants/Latency.html

hope this will help.

thanks

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The   Author of this posting offers the information contained within this   posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that   there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In   no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Minimum latency depends on forwarding performance of each switch, bandwidth of each port, congestion, cut-through or store-and-forward forwarding, size of frame, distance between switches, and number of hops.  Since you also mentioned a 3750 stack, depth of stack would also likely impact latency.

However, on non-congested 2960 <> 3750 stack <> 2960, as the other posters have noted, you're latency is likely to be under a millisecond.

PS:

BTW, normal pings between hosts wasn't designed for high timing accuracy.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card