Views
Helpful
Replies

Minor error supv engine

edgar_pascal
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

i have problem with standby sup engine in C6509 when i check with show module slot 6 "minor error"

Cisco IOS Software, s72033_sp Software (s72033_sp-ADVIPSERVICESK9_WAN-M), Version 12.2(33)SXH5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

#show logg

00:03:03: %DIAG-SPSTBY-3-MINOR: Module 6: Online Diagnostics detected a Minor Error.

00:03:03: %CONST_DIAG-SPSTBY-3-BOOTUP_TEST_FAIL: Module 6: TestProtocolMatchChannel failed

How to fix the problem?

Regards,

Edgar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

any tips procedure before to re-seat module 6, i worry about the network production.
May active sup enginee impact down temporary?

1.   Make sure you save the config.

2.  Ensure you have proper change control or notify all stakeholders.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1.  Reseat the module.

2.  If all else fails, RMA the module/blade.

Wait a second ... why is this Supervisor engine in slot 6?  Are you trying to run redundant Sup?  IF you are you are running the WRONG IOS.  Try SXI4a (or later) or SXJ.

Hi Leolaohoo,

how to reseat the module ?

i use two sup engine :

module 5 Supervisor Engine 720 (Active)

module 6 Supervisor Engine 720 (Hot)

do you suggest to upgrade IOS SXI4a to fix the error?

Currently i use one C6513 and  two C6509 with diffrent IOS :

1. s72033-advipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF17 no minor error stnd by sup engine  = C6509

2. s72033-advipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-33.SXH5 with minor error stnd by sup engine = C6509

3. s72033-advipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-33.SXH5 no minor error stnd by sup engine   = C6513

edgar

how to reseat the module ?

Un-s_crew the blade, pull it halfway out fo the chassis, count to FIVE (seconds), push it back in and s_crew the ends back.

do you suggest to upgrade IOS SXI4a to fix the error?

It's not an "error" per se.  Your current IOS is SXH and it doesn't support dual Sup720 supervisor engines per chassis.  SXI4 (I am not going to recommend SXI4 because of major and critical bugs) and later support this feature.  I recommend that you upgrade to either SXI4a, SXI5 or SXJ if you want dual Sup 720 cards per chassis.

DISCLAIMER:  READ the Release Notes before making the decision.

Please don't forget to rate our useful posts.  Thanks.

Thank you very much for helping,

one more question : on my current IOS sup engine 720 looks normal operating, "active and hot"

can you explain me?

Errrr ... are you using VSS?

Leo, I use C6509-E with :

- Cisco IOS Software, s72033_rp Software (s72033_rp-ADVIPSERVICESK9_WAN-M), Version 12.2(33)SXH5

- cisco WS-C6509-E (R7000) processor (revision 1.4) with 458720K/65536K bytes of memory.

Your supervisor engine is a VSS?

Leo,

my sup engine is not VSS.

Me bad then ...

Re-seat the supervisor card in slot 6 and see if this fixes your issue.

Ok thanks very much

Edgar

Leo,

any tips procedure before to re-seat module 6, i worry about the network production.

1.   Make sure you save the config.

2.  Ensure you have proper change control or notify all stakeholders.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card