cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mirror Port on Core Switch not seeing other traffic from edge switches

floyd.scott1
Level 1
Level 1

We have created a Mirror (Span) port on our Core switch in order to see all traffic on the network, however, we are actually only seeing very little traffic. I would say only about 10-15 percent of the network devices and traffic. There are rough, 50 edge switches connected to the core with around 400 devices total. Is there a configuration I need to make on the edge switch to send all data up to the Core?

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you trying to SPAN all the vlans on the core? If that is the case, than on the core, the source could be all the vlans and destination a separate port. Also, can you post the config from the core?

HTH

Yes, this is a small flat network spanning VLAN 1. Config uploaded shortly.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

depends on where you span configured, if all the devices are connected to same Core switch, you can SPAN port on uplink port so you can have more visbility, i wish to see your exiting config and some information as you mentioned 10-15% traffic ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card