Views
Helpful
Replies

Mismatch Troubleshooting

Muhit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Myself Muhit, 

How can I make a new native Vlan where I have already configured another native vlan. 
For example, I have created 4 vlan in each of my 3 switches. 
In Switch1, I made vlan 10 as native vlan and in SW2 & SW3, I made vlan 6 as native. 
the thing is I should have made vlan 6 in SW1 instead of vlan 10. 

sw2 & 3 are good for me, but the problem is on SW1. I want to create vlan 6 in sw1 and make it as native. 
How can I do that now?

note: I have configured vlan 10 with ip address and all the things.

Regards, 

Muhit. 

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hope are condering here, each switch act as individual switch, and they connected each other using trunk port.

If they are not VTP domain, and VTP Transparent,

create a VLAN 10 on Switch (if already not created)

Swi1 :

config t

interface gix/x   -- this interface connected to other switch

switchport trunk native vlan 10

!

same need to done other side to make native VLAN 10.

if this is live network, do it in maintenance window.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello,

the SVI (Vlan interface) configured with an IP address is independent from the native Vlan, they don't need to be the same.

Hello

@Muhit wrote:

Hi Myself Muhit, 

sw2 & 3 are good for me, but the problem is on SW1. I want to create vlan 6 in sw1 and make it as native. 
How can I do that now?

Native vlans are not switch specific they are trunk link specific so you can have multiple native vlans on the same switch applied to different trunks interconnects.

At present you have:
sw1<>sw2<>trunk = native vlan 10
sw2<>sw3 trunk = native vlan 6

So you just need to change the native vlan to be 6 between sw1<>sw2<>trunk,  Suggest if you are doing this remotely change the native vlan on the far side of the trunk first and then the nearer side last.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card