Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring VLAN's Switch's cisco with zabbix

Hello everyone,

I supervise cisco level 3 siwtches, with I can supervise all switch interfaces, as well as ram, cpu, traffic ... through to the SNMP v2 which is activated in the switches.

The problem I want to supervise the VLAN's at the level of switch level 3 (knowing that snmp is activated on the switch),

I want to know is there a configuration to do in the Cisco switch or at the Zabbix server level (template ....) to monitor VLANs. - Please help

Best Regards,

Ayoub Labidi

6 Replies 6

pieterh
VIP
VIP

there should be plenty possible Found this post for you

Yes, it is possible, but your device must provide such informations. I has able to get vlans values from at least four different distributors / vendors. And it's related with the last firmware version available too.
You need to do a snmpwalk and hope to see something related with your vlans. You can download the vendors mibs to your server and try to use them with this command:
snmpwalk -M +/root/mibs/ -m +ALL -v1 -c communityname xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Cisco MIB's can be found here

Hello @pieterh 

Thank you for your feedback, it's kind of your part, which MIB I have to download for my switch Cisco Catalyst 3560 G ?? what configuration should I do in the switch ... then I upload it to my zabbix server (os: centos 7) ?

Best regards,

first a remark VLANS are L2 not L3! (It is a virtual layer-2 network)

if you all ready configured the switch to accept SNMP requests for the Zabbbix server,
then you do not need any additional configuration to monitor VLANS
i mean : you should have configured
- a SVI (switch virtual interface)  reachable by the zabbix server
that is (create a vlan interface (same vlan as zabbix) and give this an ip- adddress (same subnet as zabbix)
- an snmp-community to be used by zabbix
- enable snmp-access for zabbix or for any server
with this, zabbix can read any snmp OID from the switch, if you know the OID you can use that
if not then the MIB is the translation between OID and friendly name
the link I presented lets you navigate to model/ios version etc what MIB's can be used for a given Cisco device
this mib must be uploaded to the zabbix not the switch

Hello, 

For my cisco switch, Cisco IOS Software, C3560 Software (C3560-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.2 (46) SE, can I download this MIB: C3560 MIB Support List - FTP Directory Listing - Cisco

As a first step I have to download this mib on my Zabbix server (os: centos 7) ??

Thanks !

Hello, @pieterh 

For my cisco switch, Cisco IOS Software, C3560 Software (C3560-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.2 (46) SE, can I download this MIB: C3560 MIB Support List - FTP Directory Listing - Cisco https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjIlqKUovXsAhVyUN8KHZklA1YQFjAAegQIAxAC&url=ftp%3A%2F%2Fftp.cisco.com%2Fpub%2Fmibs%2Fsupportlists%2Fcat3560%2Fcat3560-supportlist.htm&usg=AOvVaw1R1XuSMIR4ycuPX4vm...

As a first step I have to download this mib on my Zabbix server (os: centos 7) ??

Thanks !

b.azimbaev
Level 1
Level 1
Hey,
I am unable to set up notification on zabbix. I configured port security for each interface, when an unauthorized host connects to zabbix, a notification is not received that the port is blocked. Please help ... I will be blogging
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco