Views
Helpful
Replies

Multicast Design

sblavanya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have gone through tons of posts here for multicast setup/design, and wanted to confirm if my design is correct:

1) we have centralized datacenter on nexus platforms (7k & 5k) and 30 different sites.. We are planning to use anycast RP with MSDP on the nexus.. Has anyone implemented multicast on nexus? Is it as stable as it was on a 6500 !  With nexus we are still battling with IOS bugs every day.. Didnt want to add another feature if it is not well tested.

2) With MSDP and anycast, is there a recommendation on whether I need to go for Static RP or auto-rp? My mind says static RP, as per a lot of conversations in this group. Is there an advantage of going to auto-rp with MSDP, apart from the fact that there will be less administrative overhead?

3) We are planning to use 239.192.0.0/14 for the group addresses, since it doesnt have Multicast MAC overlap issues that we see when choosing 239.0.0 and 239.128.0.. hope its fine?

4) With wireless, we have decided to use capwap multicast address which is seperate from which the application uses.. is that fine?

1 Reply 1

sblavanya
Level 1
Level 1

anyone who can help?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card