Helpful
Replies

MULTICAST ISSUE with my 3750 E

beverly
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please I have an issue with my 3750 E,

I have configured IGMP Snooping on my switch, but when i connect a multicast server, I receive the corresponding traffic(225.100.100.6:8000) on another port of my switch normally.

But when i type the command :"show ip igmp snooping groups ",  I  am not able to see that group.

What can  do to see that traffic on my switch  as a multicast traffic ?

Thank YOU!

There is the IGMP configaration.

ip igmp snooping querier
ip igmp snooping vlan 2 querier address 192.168.89.253
ip igmp snooping vlan 2 mrouter interface Gi1/0/15
ip igmp snooping vlan 2 immediate-leave

2 Replies 2

johndesgarennes
Level 4
Level 4

Does the switch have layer 3 interfaces from the source to the destination? If so is " ip pim sparse mode" enabled on the vlan svi or routed interface it is using. Another thing to look at is if the version of code is IPbase or if there is any lic status prohibiting specific layer-3 functions I believe it should be

IPSERVICES. I would also run a

"show ip igmp snooping groups" to see if devices are joining a specific multicast group.

from the switch or core run a "show ip mroute" to see if the server is part of group

If the switch is in layer 3 mode you may have to enable "ip multicast-routing distributed"

THANK YOU john for your answer !!!

I don't use any routing protocol to transfer my multicast traffic, i only refer to IGMP group to know which device request for a specific traffic.

To come back to my question, i made a new test with another 3750 E  of  my network with a different IOS and it worked fine with the same configuration. i was able to see the traffic  generated (225.100.100.6:8000) with VLC as a multicast group when i typed the following command:

"show ip igmp snooping groups"

Is it true that  different IOS of 3750 E can behave differently with IGMP ?

Thank YOU!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card