cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multilayer

akashsky200
Level 1
Level 1

Can Anyone please tell me how to connect the two highlighted Devices?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

there were numerous misconfigurations:

1. Vlan 6 interface on the Engineering switch had a duplicate IP address (10.33.6.1), I changed that to 10.33.6.2

2. GigabitEthernet0/1 on the GQ router had a wrong subnet mask (24 instead of 30)

3. OSPF was misconfigured on all devices. For convenience, I added all networks to the OSPF processes.

You now have full end to end connectivity, review the file attached (saved in Packet Tracer version 8).

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hello,

which two devices do you need to connect, the HQ router and the Engineering L3 switch ? 

Post the zipped Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file...

HQ Router and PCs connected to Engineering L3 Switches

Hello,

it is impossible to see what you have configured without you posting either the configurations of your devices or, better yet, the zipped project file.

Hello,

there were numerous misconfigurations:

1. Vlan 6 interface on the Engineering switch had a duplicate IP address (10.33.6.1), I changed that to 10.33.6.2

2. GigabitEthernet0/1 on the GQ router had a wrong subnet mask (24 instead of 30)

3. OSPF was misconfigured on all devices. For convenience, I added all networks to the OSPF processes.

You now have full end to end connectivity, review the file attached (saved in Packet Tracer version 8).

Thank You So Much Georg

Hello,

no worries, just a few small changes, the rest of the network looks very good ! Good luck with your studies !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card