Views
Helpful
Replies

N3K VPC: Even traffic distribution through own uplinks and Peer-link

ss1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm going to deploy a VPC setup between two VPC switches (switch 1) and (switch 2) and they will run a port-channel to another switch (switch 3). Both switches (1) and (2) will have own uplinks to switch (3) and this will be a VPC triangle topology.
I believe, the default behavior in such a topology would be so that switch (1) would be sending its traffic through the local port-channel with switch (3) and the same will happen with switch (2) which would also be sending the traffic through its local port-channel with switch (3). However, it would be best to split the traffic flows through the peer-link between both switches (1) and (2) in order to cause even traffic distribution towards switch (3).
It's because both switches (1) and (2) will have different set of ports delivering content. For example, switch (1) may have 6G to send through the port-channel with switch (3) while switch (2) may have 10G to send to switch (3) through it's own port-channel. How possible is to split that traffic evenly in a triangle topology between the peer-link and the local port-channel interface in order to cause even traffic distribution towards switch (3) ?

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I do not believe you can able to do that in vPC, if i understand corectly the switch connected to parent switch using vPC.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card