cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

N7000 Inter-AS L3VPN Option B

piotrderda
Level 1
Level 1

I ran into problem with design that was prepared for Catalyst 6500, but in the meantime infrastructure got upgraded to Nexus. I have two datacenters connected with 1Gbit line (point-point), both ends of this circuit are N7K. There are few segments (like LAN, DMZ, PUBLIC) in separate VRFs in each DC and intention was to carry over these segments between locations using VPNv4 exchange via BGP. Each location have its own AS number and IPv4 BGP session is running between them (for global routing table at the moment). I tried to add VPNv4 to that peering session, but got message it is not supported in NX-OS for eBGP. Tried to find some more info about such limitation, but failed.

Before I start explore other options like Option A (creating subinterfaces per VRF and running separate IPv4 BGP session in each), wanted to ask if anyone had same problem and what would be possible solution for this?

Thanks,

Peter           

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

VPNv4 is for exchanging vpn/vrf routes using IBGP.  Do your sites have to be in different AS numbers?

HTH

Hi,

Well, it is already operating that way so changing whole BGP routing is not really an option. In IOS, it is clearly one of ways for Inter-AS MPLS VPN, I was suprised it got changed in NX-OS.

Thanks,

Peter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card