Views
Helpful
Replies

N7010 shutdown by temperature sensor ?

todd.hsieh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

My customer N7010, just started operation about 6 months, recently accidentally not working. We found SUP2E status led was blinking red and

switching fabric modules were also blinking red. From Cisco document, this mean there was over temperature condition detected. But we had check server room temperature at that time, environment temperature was around 24 degree Celsius. There is also another N7010 in next rack and working fine without any temp warning.     

Is it possible sensor fail that let N7010 shutdown ?

Thanks,

Todd 

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Todd,

If the overall room temperature is not high, than I don't think this issue is related to sensor or temperature. This could be a hardware issue, maybe the sup is bad and need to be RMA back to Cisco. Either way, I would open a ticket with Cisco and have them look into it.

HTH 

Hi,

This n7010 is still under smartnet contract. We had opened a tac ticket and provide tac-pac file to tac. But USB logflash is not formatted, there is no any error messages recorded. Further investigation was hindered by loss of crashed dump file in the logflash. May I ask if there is any other file in nxos that was generated when system crashed ?

Thanks,

Todd

Hi,

Have a look at this link. You might be able to get additional information using other commands:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/102636/retrieving-core-files-cisco-nexus-switching-platforms

HTH

Hi HTH,

This link is helpful. Thank you very much. I am going to study this post for any chance to find the cause.

Todd

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card