Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am able to configure a bridge domain on my router.  The issue is, and it may not be an issue.  It happens when I go to an interface. I configure the interface int g0/0/0 bridge-domain 100 then it gives me a sub menu.  Do I need to actually add som...

by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everyone, I don't understand how exactly a FQDN name is resolved. Here is an example of a DHCP server configured on a Cisco layer 3 switch : ip dhcp pool MY_NETWORK network 172.16.1.0 255.255.255.0 dns-server 8.8.8.8 default-router 172.16.1.1 ...

bastien1 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Looking for some assistance on an issue we are seeing with a Cisco C3560X.  All of our branch switches have the same configuration, however this particular Branch Switch is generating an alert in Solarwinds, with a high number of Discards.  I believe...

Resolved! BGP reset event

Hello, we had a WAN circuit outage for 15 minutes. Our service provider said nothing was wrong at their end and advised us to check our router. I am trying to understand what may have caused BGP to drop for this 25 minute period. Do these logs sugges...

tedauction by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,  I have a Cisco 6500 with IOS 12.2(33)SXJ5 .A customer have a server connected to an access port .. I want to limit this port to 60MBit full dublex. Any ideas how can i configure this ?  Thanks

a.psomas by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys, I've just got an unwanted Catalyst 6500 reboot. Attached file is the crashinfo log. Does someone is having any idea of what happened ? And how to fix it ? Having a redundant Supervisor, would had avoid this issue ? It's a production system,...

Hi,  My customer N7010, just started operation about 6 months, recently accidentally not working. We found SUP2E status led was blinking red and switching fabric modules were also blinking red. From Cisco document, this mean there was over temperatur...

Hello all,  In our company we have 2 Cisco 6509 with WS-SUP720-3B as supervisors. 2 of them in each switch. We are using HSRP for high availability and an etherchannel for the interconnectivity. We are planning to use VSS for stacking. As i know th...

a.psomas by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We did a fail open test today and everything worked fine on the PC from the user perspective. We tested to see what would happen to the PCs if they were rebooted and the result was no network connectivity even though they had an IP. Some PCs needed a...

Resolved! Multicasting

We have a few 2960-X switches that are connected to ISR's using HSRP. The ISR's are have multicasting enabled and PIM Dense-mode on the sub-interfaces that connect to the switches. The switches have IGMP Snooping running by default. If we run VLC on ...

Docklands by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes