Views
Helpful
Replies

Need a TFTP that support large imgae file please

m-abooali
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I am trying to upload an image size 43 MB on a Cisco 6506 Switch, SUP 720.

the TFTP client that I have won't habdle large imgae size files.

anyone knows of a tftp client that can be downloaded and capable of handling large image size?

please advise.

Regards,

Masood

34 Replies 34

Is the switch in rommon? Is there an error message. Try to type boot, and see if it does or produces an error.

when I did all of those no boot flash, etc. commands and di dit fresh pointing to the new image, wr mem and reloaded the switch remotely, it didn't come back up.

i need to get to the switch and console to see why it didn't come back up?

What did you mean by being in the RMON mode?

please advise.

Regards,

Masood

Yes you will want to console into it to see if it did not load any IOS. If you have a compact flash card with the IOS just in case you don't have a valid IOS on the switch to bring it out of rommon.

it seems that both compact flash cards are either bad or the slot are bad since I wasn't able to write to them, the switch wasn't recognizing them!

this is a refurbished box that they have ourchased and has made my life a hell.

I really don't know what to do if I couldn't bring it up? is there any way to set this to factory default and then past the lasted configuration on it? I have the config saved on my laptop.

Pls. advise.

Regards,

Masood

Check out the attached doc. I put this together a while back so when I had tp perform upgrades on 6500's with SUP's. Just replace your senario..such as flash fles and so forth.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card