cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need a very specific switch

mindeswx
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, first of all sorry if this message is inappropriate for this forum, or if i'm posting in a wrong section.

Basically I have been looking for a very specific router for a long time and thought that since you guys are into this stuff, you should probably give me some hints what to look for!

So,.,, I need a switch with 48 100mbps ports, and 2(or more) 10gbps ports , it would also be nice if it was unmanaged since i'm not so much into networking, any information appreciated! Thank you and have a nice day.  

2 Replies 2

Hi,

I think most of the switches now are built with Giga (Which ones can work with 10/100/1000 Mbps) ports and 10Gb ports. You could evaluate the Cisco 2960X:

WS-C2960X-48TD-L

WS-C2960X-48LPD-L

These models have 48 Giga ports and 2 slots for SFP+ 1G or 10G.

I share with you a good link to verify models: https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/assets/prod/switches/cisco-switch-selector-how-to/index.html

There are many ways to select a switch: the reason to be used, cost, throughput, etc. You can also evaluate: 3650, 3850, 9K models. 

Hope it is useful.

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

When you prefer an unmanaged switch because you are not so much into networking, then I would recommend to use the Meraki MS225-48. It has 48*Gig, 4*10GE and is cloud-managed which is really easy. Also if you don't need to manage much, the visibility into the traffic and troubleshooting-capabilities is great. If that is out of your budget, I would use one of the small-business smart-switches, starting with the SG250X-48.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card