Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help for 3850 netflow configuration

Chhabi Thapa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I want to deploy flexible netflow in our network where cisco 3850 is at access layer and Prime 3.3 will be a collector.Need help with the configuration on switch.cisco 3850 with two uplinks configured as a L2 port-channel is installed as an access layer switch with static route to reach Prime.I want to know on which port i should configure monitor to get the flow on prime.If possible please share the configuration example.

7 Replies 7

Thanks for your response.I've gone through all the available documents but didn't get any satisfatory result.Actually i'm confused on which port to apply netflow monitor.

Do i have to apply flow monitor on both uplinks only or all the switchports and uplink ?

Hi,

If you want to catch everything on a vlan, you can just use the physical uplinks as your source and send it to your destination (Prime). No need to monitor every single access port.

HTH

So now i understood that i don't need have to apply flow monitor on switchports but both uplinks are L2 portchannel and we are using different management vlan.Management vlan have it's SVI through which Prime is reachable and as i've tested we can have only one source for export.So what should be the source now ?

The source should be the vlan you want to monitor.

Thanks i'll test the configuration.Hope it will work.

Since the limitation is only one source than the source should be the vlan on that Portchannel. 

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: