Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow Nexus 7000

Joris Deprouw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

A few months ago I have configured netflow on a Nexus 7000 with NX-OS version 6.0.2.

This was my config:

flow exporter Fluke_NetflowTracker

description export netflow to Fluke_NetflowTracker

destination x.x.x.x use-vrf management

transport udp 2055

source mgmt0

version 9

flow exporter Fluke_Optiview

description export netflow to Fluke_Optiview

destination x.x.x.x  transport udp 2055

source Vlanx

version 9

flow monitor MonitorTrafficToFluke

record netflow-original

exporter Fluke_NetflowTracker

exporter Fluke_Optiview

This flow was activated on some SVI's. "ip flow monitor MonitorTrafficToFluke input"

Recently we have upgraded the NX-OS to version 6.1.3. The netflow keeps on working, but the syntax of the netflow configuration has changed. Now you have to add a sampler as well.

So I have created the following sampler.

sampler NetFlow-Sampler
  description Netflow Sampler
  mode 1 out-of 1000

When I want to update the current configuration with the sampler I can't adapt or remove the existing netflow configuration on the SVI.

NK7(config-if)# no ip flow monitor MonitorTrafficToFluke input
ERROR: A sampler must be configured for an interface on an F2 card

NK7(config-if)# ip flow monitor MonitorTrafficToFluke input sampler NetFlow-Sampler
An additional 1:100 sampler, over the configured sampler is applicable for F2 ports
Error: Sampler can not be changed on Interface Vlanx. Remove flow monitor first.
ERROR: Command has failed

How do I update or remove the existing configuration on the SVI.

I want the config to be "ip flow monitor MonitorTrafficToFluke input sampler NetFlow-Sampler"

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Joris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Michael
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joris,

Try no feature netflow under the interface and try to re-apply the whole configs. Since its a F2 we dont support config changes until 6.2(2) only way is to remove the configs using no feature netflow and re-applying it.

Thanks,

Richard.

*Rate if its useful

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Michael
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joris,

Try no feature netflow under the interface and try to re-apply the whole configs. Since its a F2 we dont support config changes until 6.2(2) only way is to remove the configs using no feature netflow and re-applying it.

Thanks,

Richard.

*Rate if its useful

Hi Richard,

Disabling the netflow feature does the trick.After re-enabling it I can use the new syntax.

Thanks for you feedback.

Best Regards,

Joris

Hi, 

Please help i try to no feature netflow under interface and re-enable but still the same error.

CSW(config-if)# ip flow monitor NETFlow-Monitor input
ERROR: A sampler must be configured for an interface on an F2 card or F2e/F3 mixed vdc

CSW(config-if)# ip flow monitor NETFlow-Monitor input sampler NetFlow-Sampler
ERROR: The sampler NetFlow-Sampler does not exist.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card