Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow on 3750X

Nkechi Latunji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have configured Netflow on 3750x and using PRTG as analyzer, but not receiving any traffic. Also sh ip flow top-talkers outputs
% Netflow isn't enabled.

flow record Netflow
description Netflow
match datalink mac source-address
match datalink mac destination-address
match ipv4 tos
match ipv4 protocol
match ipv4 source address
match ipv4 destination address
match transport source-port
match transport destination-port
match transport icmp ipv4 type
match transport icmp ipv4 code
match transport tcp source-port
match transport tcp destination-port
match transport udp source-port
match transport udp destination-port
collect interface input snmp
collect interface output snmp
collect counter bytes long
collect counter packets long
collect counter bytes exported
collect counter packets exported
collect counter flows exported
collect timestamp sys-uptime first
collect timestamp sys-uptime last
!
!
flow exporter NetFlowAnalyzer
description Analyze Netflow Traffic
destination 10.10.10.1
source Vlan200
ttl 210
transport udp 9876
template data timeout 180
option interface-table timeout 180
option exporter-stats timeout 180
option sampler-table timeout 180
!
!
flow monitor Netflow
description Netflow
record Netflow
exporter NetFlowAnalyzer
statistics packet protocol

sampler Netflow
description Netflow
mode random 1 out-of 2

interface Vlan200
ip flow monitor Netflow sampler NETFLOW input
ip flow monitor nETFLOW sampler Netflow output
ip address 10.10.10.10 255.255.255.0
no ip redirects
no ip unreachables
no ip proxy-arp

!

On PRTG, I have Active Flow Timeout (Minutes) set as 3 min and Sampling Mode on with a rate of 1. Matching udp port on netflow analyzer

I have tried and tried and can't get it to work. No firewall between switch and netflow analyzer

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

The 10gb module can be set as 1GB it supports glc-sx-mm sfps , it shows it in the doc above as supported transceiver , from what I remember you can have 2x10gb or 4x1gb with these modules but obviously the 1GB does not support 10gb

don't see anywhere that the C3KX-NM-1G module has the ability to do netflow only the 10GB

The new 10GE service module introduces line-rate Cisco TrustSec® MACsec and Flexible NetFlow in the Cisco Catalyst 3560-X and 3750-X Series Switches.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

on a 3750x you can configure flexible v9  netflow but you must have the module inserted to be able to export the flows ....C3KX-SM-10G 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-3750-x-series-switches/white_paper_c11-691508.html

https://www.plixer.com/blog/netflow/cisco-3750-x-netflow-support/

if its not that an you have the module , try use a standard port like 9995 or 2055 see if it works

Thanks,

Changing the udp port number did not make a difference, but i do have C3KX-NM-1G instead of C3KX-SM-10G. Is C3KX-NM-1G not supported, do i need a 10GB MODULE? Will the C3KX-NM-10G work?

My uplink is 1GB so it does not look like i can use any of these 10GB modules or netflow on this switch

Can 

Hi

The 10gb module can be set as 1GB it supports glc-sx-mm sfps , it shows it in the doc above as supported transceiver , from what I remember you can have 2x10gb or 4x1gb with these modules but obviously the 1GB does not support 10gb

don't see anywhere that the C3KX-NM-1G module has the ability to do netflow only the 10GB

The new 10GE service module introduces line-rate Cisco TrustSec® MACsec and Flexible NetFlow in the Cisco Catalyst 3560-X and 3750-X Series Switches.

Thanks Mark

I also have copper from service provider, looks like i need to get the 10GB Module, 1GB SFP and ask provider to deliver fiber connection

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card