cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Monitoring/SNMP for air gapped networks

Jason1231
Level 1
Level 1

I have 5 networks, 4 of which are completely air gapped. These are all flat layer 2 networks with no routing. I would like to monitor these networks with Solarwinds if possible. I have played around with noswitchport command and connected one port on each core switch back to a "Maintenace network switch" (solarwinds server also on this switch and subnet) and can see all the switches that are connected directly, but I can't see any of the switches connected to those switches. Each network has its own separate IP scheme. Is what I want to do possible, or do I need to look at other options or other methods to try to accomplish this?  

The only requirement is these individual networks cannot talk to each other at all. They need to remain air gapped as possible, with the exception of a SPAN port or plugging into a management port.  

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Jason1231 wrote:
can see all the switches that are connected directly, but I can't see any of the switches connected to those switches.

That is not an "air gapped" network.  

This is only in a lab environment currently, but the intent is to plug maintenance ports into a single switch to be monitored by solarwinds. This should still meet "our" requirements to be "air gapped" if the data on those networks isn't passing over the management port. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card