Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Problem

mansoor_nawaz78
Level 1
Level 1

AOA,

I have a 2950 and 3550 switch network, i have a lot of VLANs in our network, i am facing a problem that some time our ssh session hang with different Linux server. I face this problem specially when I i use two network card one is Real IP and second is Local Network Ip Card.

Waiting for early reply.

Thank You

6 Replies 6

Anand Narayana
Level 6
Level 6

hi mansoor,

since you say that you have two NIC's, make sure that you have not set 2 Gateway for 2 NIC's in the PC, 1 NIC should have the default gateway & other should have the static route, please lemme know about this.

hope this helps.

rate this post if cleared.

Thank You for reply,

Yep i use a two NIC cards with two gatway's, how can i define a Static Route for one NIC Card, and also tell me what is the best one NIC card (Real IP or Local IP) to confgure Static Route.

Thank you Again.

Hi Mansoor,

usually default gateway should be for the internet, & the one which is pointing towards lan should have the static route.

eg. for internet, once the default gateway is set, it will be like this...

ip route 0.0.0.0 netmask 0.0.0.0

for lan it should be like this(if it is going to reach a different network within the lan)

(this command should be entered in the command line)

ip route 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 10.1.1.1

where 10.1.1.1 will be the gateway which will have the information of other networks in LAN.

hope this helps.

rate this post if cleared

Hello,

I am not really clear on your initial problem description: do you have a PC with two NICs, and do you want to establish an SSH connection to a LINUX server ? Or do you have a LINUX server with two NICs, and do you want to establish an SSH connection to another machine ?

You might want to turn on SSH debugging (debug ip ssh) to see if that reveals a clue...

Regards,

GNT

AOA,

No i have a Window based system, i remotly access a Linux server through SSH client(Putty). Seesion Hang during SSH connection, and two NIC card are installed on a Window based system through which i try to connect to Linux Server.

Thank You.

Hi Mansoor,

yeah in that windows PC, let one NIC which is pointing towards internet have the the default gateway IP address & the other NIC pointing towards the LAN can have the static route. juz go to command prompt & type...

eg. in windows "route add 192.168.1.0 -netmask 255.255.255.0 10.1.1.1 -p "

here -p represents the permananet entry in the windows even if you restart the pc.

i think this could cause your ssh to get hang as the windows will get confussed having 2 gateways.

hope this helps.

rate this post if it is cleared.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card