cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Slowness

JosephPhilip1
Level 1
Level 1

We have a weird issue in our Network. Some devices are getting huge bandwidth and some are getting very slow irrespective of the wired or wireless. Even if I take the laptop which i get slow speed and connect it to the port where we get high bandwidth I'm getting very slow speed. I first thought it was prime which is the only device who has access to both wired and wireless controls but even though I turned off prime. It still has the same issues. The weird thing is that after like 5 PM the speed returns back. I have checked the WSA's are there are no user who uses more bandwidth. Even if I point the device directly outside I am still getting slow speeds with out WCCP redirection. Any suggestions?

5 Replies 5

burleyman
Level 8
Level 8

Any changes to your network?

Mike

Nop

Let me guess your end of day for most is 5pm?

I had a customer with a similar issue and it was tracked down that the employee was streaming movies all day and another few were streaming music and it just added up.

Mike

How big is your environment where the slowness is? Number of switches?

We are a medium sized environment with around 700 people. The thing is that our bandwidth is close to a Gig. Even if 10 people stream in 4k I don't think we will have issues (I have tested streaming 4k in 25 machine simultaneously).Also we have all employees under WSA's and I don't see much bandwidth utilization over there.(Most of the people have tube sites banned only handful have access)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card