cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New Building, New Everything Networking

Fredriguez
Level 1
Level 1

I'll start simple and I can expand from there, based on questions asked.  I hope to get some good idears...

40,000sq 1 level building.

Modern openconcept plans

They like to hide all cables and do clean runs.

No budget talks, we're private so it can be anything.

Here was my idea...

Dedicating a cube type spot for switch for that user row.  So if we have 3 rows of users each row would have a 12,18,24 10g/Fiber switch.

Then running 1 fiber line to their respective MDF/IDF from each row of users.  The *DF would just have Fiber switches. Does this model work?

I don't know much about fiber-switching or if this model is ideal.  Since we want to run 10g the diameter of the hole and/or cut in the concrete would be excessive, knowing how much thicker cat6a cable is.

Thoughts anyone?

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since we want to run 10g the diameter of the hole and/or cut in the concrete would be excessive, knowing how much thicker cat6a cable is.

Between the concrete ceiling and the floor where you'll be standing on, there's going to be a false ceiling, right?  So what's the concrete cut for Cat6A for? 

I guess there's a terminology for my earth-shattering idea!  =)  Zone-Cabling

They want no signs of electrical and/or cabling.  They want clean, open concept.

They want no signs of electrical and/or cabling.  They want clean, open concept.

Concrete cutting is a very expensive exercise.  So why cut holes above/below the floors for?  Wouldn't it be "clean" if each floor has an access switch and all Cat6A cables are inside a cable tray?

The only time one has to cut in between floors is to run fibre optic.

Here is a small sample of this open-concept.

I think you mean "floor" by zones?  Building is only 1 floor.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card