Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5000 : random issue with SSH

Abel JULIAN
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a pair of Nexus 5000 in VPC running version version 5.2(1)N1(1) with L3 daughter card. I have an issue with SSH on one switch : sometimes (it has happened 3 times in a few month) I am unable to connect to the switch witch SSH (from putty software or from another switch in the network).

The only option I have to restore the connection is to go physically on the switch in console mode and running : "no feature ssh" then "feature ssh". Then I can connect myself again. That is very weird.

I do not have error message for now but I will check the logs next time I have the issue, has someone an idea of what be can the cause of this ?

PS : I am running DCNM and LMS too on the network, maybe one of those can be the source.

Thanks by advance for your answers,

Abel.

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have an inactivity timer configured for the virtual terminal sessions? I have seen symptoms like you describe when the vty do not have inactivity timers and people have established sessions and do not properly close then when they are finished with what they were doing. So eventually all of the vty sessions are busy and no new sessions can be established until the old sessions are cleared (and removing SSH and re-enabling SSH would be one way to do this).

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your answer,

Actually, there is no activity timer configured on the vty line (it is default configuration). I will try that.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card