Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5020 - 2248tp - VPC issue

kevin.woodhouse
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have to Nexus 5020's connected to our core switches over 10G fiber. I have the management interface correctly setup and working and have successfully configured the peer vpc between the two Nexus switches. I can ping everthing i need to and all works fine.

I have 2 2248tp fex extender dual homed to each N5k. I have succssfully configured the fex, port, port channel and VPC. Again all working fine, redundancy works well, if I lose a N5K failover works to the other Nexus and I lose 1 ping. if I lose a connection to the core, agin no problems.

All was working on the 5 dual connected 2248 fex extenders, until today when one of the links seems to have failed. I have reconfigured all the above and even tried setting it up with a new VPC, port etc, new cable and even a new out of the box 2248.

There seems to be no way all of a sudden to dual home this paticular fex.Link just advises 'link not connected', its not the cable, fex or port, any ideas why the link would not be connected when it works on all the rest of the fex extenders, so frustrating this one.

Thanks all

1 Reply 1

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hm... Only suggestion for you right now is to open a TAC case to have TAC take a look.

Regards,

jerry

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card