Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

PC's are not getting ip address from the DHCP server which is connected beyond 2960 switch.broadband router(DHCP Server)--------------------------Switch 2960---------------------------PC(DHCP client)but when i directly connect PC to the broadband rou...

Can someone let me know the debugs which can be used to see cdp and lldp power negotiation of cisco poe switches with phones etc.I have some phones which take abt 15w with one switch,and same phone takes abt 7w with another switch.Just want to see th...

ankugarg by Level 3
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello EveryoneLet me start by saying that i am quite new to cisco equipment.I have been trying to setup a cupple of 2950 switches to fit our company network. I have the switches setup with a few VLAN´s, but the problem is, that when i connect the swi...

i wan running an experiment with packet tracer . and while i was testing the auto-summary feature in RIPv1,  i found one question. the R0's IP: 172.16.1.1 /24the R2's IP  172.16.2.2 /24I tried to ping 172.16.1.1 , becuase of the auto-summary feature(...

So i been studying the router configuration register and i know its of 16 bits. Now whats confusing me is the configuration register table. The bits in the table correspond to a specific hexadecimal no and what i am not getting is that how do these b...

I just have a quick scenerio that I want to confirm. Lets say I have a full spanning tree reconvergences happen, will that affect intra-switch networking? Basically if I have two host sharing the same switch will they still be able to communicate whi...

Hi All,There is a open caveat CSCtn11683 on Cisco Catalyst Switch 3750X. In Cisco switch IOS release note, this is how this bug is being documented.==============================CSCtn11683 (Catalyst 3560-X and 3750-X) A Catalyst 3560-X or 3750-X sw...

I've just installed a cisco amll business SG 200-26P switch, which I did to get POE capability. Replacing a dlink switch. Now that I've done that, LTSP terminals that I am using on this small network have started locking up. Once the lockup occurs, t...

tjston by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI have a pair of 4507Rs, each with a pair of SUP-IVs.  I have configured sso redundancy mode.  It fails over correctly.My problem is weird...When I test resiliency I pull the primary Supervisor engine.  When I do this, although the secondary takes ...

joneswill by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Has anyone seen any good white papers/tutorials on TRILL? The only document I can find out there is the standard itself, which makes for some incredibly boring and tedious reading. I'm surprised Cisco has not published a deep dive yet.Anyone?Thanks

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes