Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5548 adding layer 3 module

The_guroo_2
Level 2
Level 2

Gents

we have couple of Nexus 5548 which is working as layer 2

we have purchased layer three cards which are N55-D160L3-V2= (L3 daughter card version 2) which comes with licence file as well which is N55-LAN1K9

My question is that due to higher OS its hot swappable so we can add the card into the chassis

my second question is when we install the license do we have to do the reboot. Does license file needs a reboot to work???

i couldn't find this on cisco

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The module does not support OIR so you need to turn off the appliance.  Once the module is installed, you need to enable the Layer 3 feature.  

Hi Leo

According to Cisco you can if you have higher version of OS........Kindly advise now you have made me more confuse

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5000/hw/installation/guide/nexus_5000_hig/replacement.html#wp1059418

I have taken this from the above link

Note Cisco NX-OS Release 5.0(2)N1(1) does not support the hot swapping of a Cisco Nexus 5548 expansion module during switch operations. Instead, you must power down the switch before removing and replacing an expansion module. If you are using NX-OS Release 5.0(2)N2(1) or later release, you can hot swap the expansion modules.

Hello,

This note that you are referring to is for the expansion module, not for the I/O module, which the N55-D160L3-V2= is. The I/O module requires for the switch to be powered off...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card