cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

nexus 5k - 7k vpc config

sandevsingh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, can someone point me to the configiration example to build a vpc b/w 5ks and 7ks? i have total 4 links between them .

If not, I am assuming to have the following config for the port-channels:- (Provided the vpc domain is configured).

N5k1 and 2:

int eth1/10-11

channel-group 10 mode active

switchport mode trunk

int po10

switchport mode trunk

switchport trunk allowed vlan a-d

spanning-tree port type network

vpc 10

N7k1 and 2:

int eth1/10-11

channel-group 10 mode active

switchport mode trunk

int po10

switchport mode trunk

switchport trunk allowed vlan a-d

spanning-tree port type network

vpc 10

So, its basically vpc 10 that has 4 physical links b/w the vpc domain of 7ks and vpc domain of 5ks.

3 Replies 3

AJ Cruz
Level 3
Level 3

Assuming the VPC domain is configured properly as well as the peer link, your config is correct for the vPC member ports.

I blogged about enhanced vPC a little while back: http://nexusfu.blogspot.com

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Oleksandr Nesterov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Please don't forget that VDC domain number has to be different on n7k nd n5k.

For example 10 on both n7k, and 20 on both n5k. Otherwise there will be VPC instability.

HTH,

Alex

You guys Rock !!! Thanks...

I am running into a design issue with one of my customer where i have to connect the 5ks (with L3 module) to a pair of Juniper SRX firewalls. (2x 5ks <--> 2 x SRXs) We will be segmenting traffic based on the Juniper Fw zones and control the flow from there.

Now i know that layer-3 peering over vpc is not supported. (By giving ips to the port-channels).. Also If I just use routed links b/w them the Layer-3 peering would be fine and each 5k will see ECMP costs northwards to the 2 SRXs. BUT the pain is: How do i make one vlan talk to the other vlan over the SRX. Example: Any communication b/w vlan 10 and vlan 20 (having their SVIs on 5ks) should go through the SRXs.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card