Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Nexus 5K port channel

The_guroo_2
Explorer
Explorer

Gents the requirement is that we have to bundle three ports on nexus 5K (port-channel)

so i will add mode trunking,vpc etc etc and allow vlans on the port channel...my question is do i have to go and individually configure the ports itself as well which will be part of the port-channel?? for trunking and alow vlans etc

secondly what is teh difference between edge, network and normal STP port in nexus do i have to add it to ports as well

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Mark Malone
Mentor
Mentor

Hi Yes the ports need to be added manually to the po with the channel-group command , you should only need vpc if you splitting it across multiple 5ks otherwise a standard po will do , spanning-tree edge for your access ports pcs/printers etc , spanning-tree network and normal would set on connections between switches , the stp network command adds bridge assurance both sides need to support this or it will fail an the link will disable itself.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: