Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7K Egress Traffic Shaping

Kian Herng See
Level 1
Level 1

hi Experts,

I'm trying to configured egress traffic shaping at average of 100Mbps on a 1Gbps physical L2 trunk port.

I'm running on Nexus 7K version 5.0(2a) and the line card support 1p3q4t

I've looked at the 'policy-map type queuing' which has a shape command in the

'class type queuing 1p3q4t-out-q-default' but i couldn't figure out how i can shape

all 4 queues to achieve an average egress rate of 100Mbps for all traffics.

Does Nexus 7K support egress traffic shaping?

I also notice that Nexus 5548P doesn't support traffic shaping

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps9670/qa_c67-618605_ps9670_Products_Q_and_A_Item.html

Regards,

K.H.See

16 Replies 16

Thanks Jeye,

Let me say that instead having a dedicated box for Core, I can do a VDC-core/VDC-agg model on the same chassis with 2 Redundant Cisco Nexus 7010. My only concern now is to connect the Backup site for my Data Center; Is it possible to get L2 or L3 with 40Gb optical link connected directly to the Nexus VDC core or I have to forward the trafic via the MPLS Backbone (via 7600 PE)?

Regards

When you said 40GB optical link, do you mean 40GB portchannel or 40GB port? If you mean 40GB port/interface, it is not possible as of now, there isn't any line card in the N7K supports this. If your provider will get you 40GB portchannel, I don't see any reason why you can't do this if the N7K has all the features that you need. Is this a good idea, this will be a different story.

Regards,

jerry

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card