Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 9000 and PBR help needed - Need Help with Workaround

Chris Knipe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I ran into an issue with PBR feature parity while migrating functionality from a 6500 to a Nexus 9396PX running ver. 7.0(3)I2(2b).  In the PBR route-map on the 6500, It was using the "set ip default next-hop" command to override the default route and redirect my interesting traffic to its appropriate next hop.

The 9396 seems to only support the "set ip next-hop" which from my understanding means that it does not care if there is already a longest prefix match in the routing table, it simply overwrites the next hop no matter what.  This causes east west traffic to break on my network since it sends that traffic up to my firewall and then back into the network resulting in asymmetric routing that the 9k drops.

Is there an alternate solution besides PBR that would be better to send my interesting traffic to the preferred gateway? I have been reading about ITD but I am unsure if it would offer the solution I am trying to obtain.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: