Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 93180YC-EX Switch OSPF and VPC

mohammed01701
Beginner
Beginner

Hi!

I am trying to implement NEXUS on DC  my organization see the picture. We are trying to run VPC between two NEXUS 93180 and with routing license to run ospf to the Central Core and that link is port-channel with vpc command, is there possible to run L3 over vpc link, and if that is ok, how to configure: Give me some example. It is first time i am working nexus.

Please give some configuration example.

Thanks 

/Mohammed

7 Replies 7

~chris
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

yes, you can configure OSPF between these to N9K switches. Configure a VLAN + SVI which is only available on the VPC peer-link.

Here a link to the supported topoligies: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/ip-routing/118997-technote-nexus-00.html

HTH,

~chris

Hi!

If i understand correct it support from  7.0(3)I5(1)+ image. And Cisco recommands to use 7.0.3.I4.7. and my question is of i use this image which is not recommanded is that smart to use i DC?

Another question: do i run run ospf between Nexus?

/Mohammed

Hi,

the question is what feature do you need? An OSPF just between the two N9K Switches or an OSPF adjacency over a VPC (Virtual-Port-Channel, connected to both N9K), like L3-B or L3-C in the link I posted.

If you just need the OSPF between the two N9K, you can use the recommended NxOS.

Otherwise you need the NxOS where the feature "peer-router" is available. But for this you need to check the Releasenotes/Configuration Guide and maybe the CVD (Cisco validated Designguide).

HTH,

~chris